DKW RT100 E

My father's passion in his retirement. More than ten years the bike stood in the garage. Completely decomposed and with a lot of dust. Last year my father started to rebuild and now it looks really good. The motor goes like a new sewing machine. It's amazing after so many years. A lot of seals are improvised but this is not a problem for such an old bike. But I'm really surprised. There are a lot of spare parts for such oldtimers. The bike was built from 1934 to 1940. And it was the most sold motorbike in the '30s. I'm happy that my father will give it to me when he can't drive anymore. I see myself with old pilots glasses and a leather hood in a wonderful curvy street.
I love such old things.


Meines Vaters Leidenschaft. Jahrzehnte lag war das Motorrad auseinandergebaut in der Werkstatt. Nun, da mein Vater Rentner ist, war die Zeit gekommen die Maschine wieder zusammenzubauen. Ich war echt überrascht das es noch so viele Ersatzteile für so alte Motorräder gibt. Einige Dichtungen und Teile mussten zwar selbst gebaut, oder von anderen Motorrädern zweckentfremdet werden, doch ist es nicht verwunderlich das nach über 70 Jahren nicht mehr alles Original und bezahlbar sein kann. Die DKW RT100 wurde von 1934 bis 1940 gebaut und war das meistverkaufte Motorrad in den 30er Jahren. Ich liebe solche alten Maschinen. Mein Vater hat auch schon angedeutet das, wenn er nicht mehr kann, ich das Motorrad bekomme. Ich sehe mich schon mit Fliegerbrille und Lederhaube auf einer kurvigen Bergstraße dahin tuckern. Darauf freue ich mich schon.
I think monochrome are the best way to present such oldtimers´.



Kommentare